American Heart Association HeartCode BLS course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
HeartCode BLS is a self-paced instructional eLearning program that using eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each e-simulation to facilitate learning about basic and advanced life support.
The AHA BLS certificate of completion is available to print after successful completion of the course.
Part 1: HeartCode BLS Part 1 is an online based cognitive portion, including the video-based cognitive lessons, 10 patient cases, and a 50-question multiple choice exam (must pass with score of 84% or better). When the student has completed Part 1, they will contact us for an appointment to complete Part 2.
Part 2: HeartCode BLS Part 2 is a hands-on skills practice session with a voice-assisted manikin (VAM) system for Ventilation and CPR at SimTiki Simulation Center.
Please contact us for more information about this program.
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
HeartCode BLS course: $80